Review: Amazon Boot Camp (The Selling Family)
Here's my honest review:
1. Lifetime access; private excellent, supportive live facebook group
2. Step-by-step friendly
3. Also reviews and trains you on optional software/tools/bookkeeping concepts to manage/grow/streamline your business
1. Limited help with sourcing wholesale and/or private label
2. Intended for U.S.-based sellers only
3. Some content could use updating
Focus: Rounded program (covers all the basics) with emphasis on sourcing from physical retailers
Amazon mega-seller Jessica Larrew (of The Selling Family) sold over $300,000 on Amazon in 2012. At time time of publication, this course was designed for U.S.-based sellers only.
(Side note: Jessica taught me a lot about buying products at liquidation (or 'salvage') stores. Thanks to her knowledge, I now get a lot of cheap products at liquidation-oriented stores. I'm talking about hundreds of items that I have bought for $0.50 to $2.00 that I sold/am selling on Amazon for $8 to $15 each.)
ABC's regular price is $297 (that's the price at the time I published this article) for lifetime access OR you can get your first lesson free (more on how to get that free first lesson at the end of this article.)
ABC's content is all accessible online (immediately after cleared payment), and it gives you 'steps' to selling on Amazon in 32+ videos, each with an accompanying PDF that you can read and/or print out.
Jessica is an expert at finding inventory locally from retail and liquidation stores so I recommend her course if you are in the U.S. and you are a.) a brand new beginner to selling on amazon and/or b.) you are an Amazon seller who wants to focus on getting inventory locally from retail stores. There is a lot of profit potential from discounted products on sale in local stores around you.
One thing I enjoy immensely is the private Facebook Group for all ABC members. Everyone is helpful and friendly and lends a lot of support to one another.
ABC is excellent overall but it's not for everyone. For instance:
1.) If you're looking for in-depth wholesale or private label product training, you'll only find the basics here.
2.) Some content could use an update. For instance the very recent brand restrictions from Amazon could be addressed in the course (e.g. a training session on how to source effectively when you're a new seller faced with brand restrictions on Amazon)
Below is a FRACTION of what's included in ABC:
- Setting up your seller account
- Using scouting apps on your cell phone
- Sales rank
- Eligible categories to sell in
- Dealing with negative feedback
- Understanding the Amazon 'buy box'
- Pricing for FBA (fulfillment by Amazon)
- Creating listings for your own 'custom' products
- Repricing inventory
- Competing with Amazon on price
- What happens when Amazon lowers prices
- Basics of setting up your business
- Setting up and using Global Export
- Taxes and Bookkeeping
- Scouting in-person/Scouting at home
- Best tools to save time & money
- Restricted items and brands (you can't sell)
- Advanced InventoryLab (optional product listing software) training
- BONUS: Adding Private Label To Your Amazon Business (limited information)
- BONUS: Getting your business set up legally
- BONUS: Accounting 101
- BONUS: "Protecting your business in a sue-happy world' (legal/liability help from an insurance expert)
The Amazon Boot Camp course comes with a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee.
My 'double-backed' guarantee for this course:
If you buy the course via my link jordanmalik.com/course3 (I'll receive a small commission), I'll back up the Amazon Boot Camp's 30 day guarantee. Thus: if you realize Amazon Boot Camp is not for you, contact The Selling Family (within 30 days) for a refund. They'll give you 100% back, no questions asked. If for any reason they don't (trust me, they will, but just in case), I'll refund you in full, out of pocket. Just forward your emailed receipt of your purchase to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Not ready to buy? You can get the 1st 3 video lessons of ABC 100% free with NO obligation to buy anything else. No credit card/PayPal payment required. (The 3 lessons will only help you if you've never sold on Amazon or you're a brand new beginner).